“Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim His greatness. Let the whole world know what He has done.” – Psalm 105:1
In the midst of all the crazy things going on, I think it’s worth reflecting a little on the many blessings God has granted me.
Here are some of the things I’m most thankful for:
· A Savior, who patiently waits for me to turn to Him in all circumstances. He died & was resurrected so a sinner like me can be reconciled to Him; He loves me in spite of all my faults. I get to walk through life in a growing relationship with Him.
· My beautiful bride. I cannot imagine sharing my life with anyone other than Celia. She’s faithful, kind, giving, discerning, crazy (good crazy) and fun. Our relationship is the best gift, and it keeps on getting better and better.
Davis, ‘D’, our son. He loves others faithfully, is gracious, softhearted and brave. And he’s one of my favorite guys to hang out with.
· Anna, ‘AB’, our daughter. She’s beautiful, strong, loves her friends really well, and she’s supportive. It’s always lots of fun when we’re together.
· The faith of our kids; we’ve prayed for them, and shared our faith with both of them in lots of circumstances, but The LORD has pursued them, and placed incredible people in their lives.
· Those young folks who have shared their faith & lives with our kiddos: Emily, Kenton, Sara, Patrick, John, Katie, Melanie, Chelsea, Austin, Hilliary, Ellie, Kellie, Julia, Andy B., Andy D., Sutton, Brian, Adam, Hillary, Ashley, and I’ve left some others out, I’m sure.
· My family: parents who love me, took care of me and love God.
· My brother Paul, who is one of my best friends, his wife and girls.
· My in-laws, who always treated me like family over the last 25+ years. So thankful for Celia’s parents, brothers, their wives and kids.
· ACF Northwest – our church community committed to sharing the love of Christ with our neighbors.
· 3 guys who meet with me each week, encourage me and keep me grounded: Matt, Jason & Mark…and my old friend Jimmy who used to meet with us.
· 7 guys I work with who bless me every week with their faith, friendship and encouragement: Will, Ed, Tony, Chris, Jake, Darril & Russell.
· The awesome team I get to work with: Karen, Abby, Laura and Patrick.
· Incredible friends; way too many to list
· Our Small group: Mike, Amy, Gary, Lizette, Beth, Brett, Kerri, Jay, Mark & Shannon – love these people and Tuesday nights.
· Our Thursday night 20-something group: wow, these people are so much fun, and passionate about their faith. You make our week and challenge us to be the big brother and big sister we should be.
· A free country; I’ve been fortunate to travel all over, and never been to a better country, even now, with all of our struggles, it is a blessing to be from the USA.
· Health; great health all my life and I am thankful for every day it continues.
· Ministry partners: to work or have worked around the world sharing the love of Christ alongside incredible people like Jimmy & Jeannie, Pastor Noel, Stan, Pastor Godfrey, Josh, Dacia, Roland & Carolyn.
· Mission: to have a sense that The LORD has prepared me for and assigned this current role to me.
This is a short list. Truly, I could fill up pages, because when I step back and consider what I deserve and what I have received, I am overwhelmed with thanks.
How about you? What are you most thankful for? May God continue to bless you as you draw near to Him and consider this.
“Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” – Col. 2:7