Letting Truth Speak
Our circumstances or what others say about GOD can cause us to forget what is true about HIM . In those moments, I like to go back to Scripture and consider the truth. Have you ever read a Psalm and let GOD speak to you through it? It’s why Scripture is there, for us to know more about GOD, and hear from HIM. Listen to HIS promises for us, in Psalm 139:
“O LORD, YOU have examined my heart and know everything about me.
YOU know when I sit down or stand up. YOU know my every thought when far away.
YOU chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest.
Every moment YOU know where I am.
YOU know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.
YOU both precede and follow me. YOU place YOUR hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!
I can never escape from YOUR SPIRIT!
I can never get away from YOUR Presence!
If I go up to heaven, YOU are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, YOU are there...
YOU made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank YOU for making me so wonderfully complex! YOUR workmanship is marvelous - and how well I know it...
How precious are YOUR thoughts about me, O GOD!
They are innumerable!
I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up in the morning, YOU are still with me!...
Search me, O GOD, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of ever lasting life."
(Psalm 139:1-8,13-14,17-18,23-24 NLT)
Truths I see:
- GOD cares about all the details of our lives
- YOU have examined my heart & know everything about me (1)
- GOD is involved in our lives; HE guides us
- YOU chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest (3)
- GOD promises HIS Presence in our lives
- I can never escape YOUR SPIRIT! I can never get away from YOUR Presence! (7)
- The CREATOR, who made all things, took great care in creating us
- YOU made all the delicate, inner parts…and knit me together(13)
- YOUR workmanship is marvelous (14)
- HE desires a close, intimate relationship with us
- And when I wake up in the morning, YOU are still with me (18)
- David’s reply to these truths:
- Search me…know my heart (23)
- lead me along the path of ever lasting life (24)
Easily distracted and overwhelmed with life, we are prone to wonder what GOD thinks of us or if HE cares about us at all. In those moments, it’s good to go to HIS Word. Consider what HE has said, how HE feels about you and me. This is only a portion of one Psalm. These truths are found over and over again in HIS Word.
We need to find a quiet place, to open up HIS Word and let HIM speak to us. The majority of messages we hear are not designed to let us know GOD loves us, and HE desires a close relationship with us. This increases our need for intimacy with our FATHER.
“The human being is created in the divine image and likeness in order to have continual and intimate communion with The ONE who made us. We are created to love and be loved by GOD, born to serve and be served by CHRIST, destined to enjoy the vitality of The HOLY SPIRIT and in turn receive GOD’s delight in us forever! Such is GOD’s good pleasure and our highest bliss.”
-The Way of Forgiveness: Participants Book by Marjorie Thompson